frequently asked questions
I am not yet 18 years old. Can I get a tattoo ?
Not yet. At Tatouage Royal, we require that our clients be over the age of 18 to be tattooed. Official identification documents may be required. It will be great to see you at that moment!
Is your equipment safe?
Absolutely. We use new, sterile and disposable needles. We follow a very strict working procedure and all products used in the process are new, safe and single-use. Please feel comfortable to speak to your tattoo artist about any aspects of equipment, products or tattooing procedures that may be of concern to you.
May I drink alcohol before getting a tattoo ?
No, it’s not a very good idea. If you drink alcohol or consume other substances that impair your faculties, we reserve the right to deny you the service and your appointment will immediately be canceled. This means that you will also lose your deposit.
Can I get a tattoo if i'm pregnant or breastfeeding ?
It is not recommended to get a tattoo if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. For this reason, we refuse to tattoo pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please be honest.
May I be accompanied when I get my tattoo done?
Unless we grant you an exception, we do not allow clients to be accompanied in the tattoo room. On the other hand, your guest can wait for you in the waiting room, without any problem.
How should I prepare before my tattoo appointment?
Make sure you are well rested and have eaten. Avoid drinking alcohol the night before and during the day of your appointment. Inform the tattoo artist immediately about any health conditions that may affect you during tattooing or hinder your healing afterwards.
What should I do after getting my tattoo?
After a tattoo session, you will need to:
- Remove the dressing after a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Wash the tattoo thoroughly with water and mild, unscented soap. It is important to dry the tattoo well after washing. Do not rub it.
- Clean the tattoo every day. Starting on the third day, apply a neutral moisturizer (unscented), twice a day for 2 more weeks (eg Aveeno or Lubriderm).
- Do not scratch scabs. Let them come off naturally.
- Avoid irritating clothing at the tattooed location (preferably wear cotton)
- Do not submerge the tattoo in water until completely healed.
- To proscribe: bath, swimming pool, bathing, spa, sauna. It is however necessary to wash it, under the shower.
- Do not touch the tattoo with dirty hands.
We remind you that touch-ups (if necessary), are free within 2 months after the completion of your tattoo.
4424 St-Denis Street
Montreal (Qc) H2J 2L1
(Between Mont-Royal & Marie-Anne)
Telephone: (514) 509-2905